In this two-day course, attendees gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. The training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
All are welcome to attend the course. However, familiarity with Agile concepts and principles with experience of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP) is highly recommended.
Topics Covered in the SAFe Scrum Master workshop
– Introducing Scrum in SAFe
– Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
– Experiencing Program Increment planning
– Facilitating Iteration execution
– Finishing the Program Increment
– Coaching the Agile team
What SAFe SSM Attendees Get
– Digital workbook
– Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
– One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
– Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days.